Wood County, Wisconsin
Wood County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
RN - Casual - Edgewater Haven, Port Edwards
Edgewater Haven WR
Casual - up to 1,200 hrs/year
Deadline to apply:
$32.02 - $36.59 / hr
WHO WE ARE:
Edgewater Haven is located in a park-like setting in view of the Wisconsin River in Port Edwards, WI. Edgewater Haven provides 5-star, quality care in a clean and comfortable home-like setting. Our long-term caring staff is dedicated to your loved one’s outcomes! We believe in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Our interdisciplinary team works with each individual, his or her family and physician, to provide an effective plan of care to reach personal goals and highest potentials. We strive to provide for the mind, body, and spirit, while holding in the highest regard the rights and dignity of each individual.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to who we are, Edgewater Haven team members are offered competitive wages, flexible schedules, and excellent benefits, including:
*Vacation and Sick Time - Start accruing for both on your first day!
*Excellent staffing ratio
*Health Insurance - we offer low premiums and low deductibles, with excellent coverage!
*Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) - This is one of the best-funded public pension plans in the U.S.!
*457 deferred compensation plan
*On-Site Training and Continuing Education Credits
*Flexible Spending Account to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical expenses
*Short and Long-Term Disability
*Wellness Incentive Plan
Edgewater Haven is rated 5-Stars on Medicare.gov.
The purpose of positions in this classification is to evaluate resident physical and mental status, obtain and implement physician’s orders; supervise subordinate nursing staff and notify appropriate persons regarding resident change in condition. The work is performed under the supervision of the Registered Nurse Supervisor.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Evaluates residents for response to treatments and medications. Monitors resident vital signs. Reports change in status to physician. Obtains and implements physician’s orders.
• Supervises work performance of subordinate nursing staff for proper technique and use of equipment, materials and supplies. Prepares written evaluations. Conducts new employee orientation.
• Maintains complete and accurate resident charts for treatments, medications, etc.
• Administers medications orally, intramuscularly, subcutaneously, intradermally, rectally and intravenously. Administers fluids intravenously.
• Prepares and implements resident care plans.
• Converses with residents to assure they are comfortable, explains therapies, treatments, medications and changes in same. Answers resident’s request for assistance.
• Answers questions and complaints from family members
• Reassures and provides emotional support to residents.
• Accompanies physicians during rounds.
• Attends and participates staff meetings, in-service and continuing education.
• Orders medications, supplies and materials.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this classification and may also be performed by other unit members.
• Monitors unit for safety hazards.
• Assists residents in eating, toileting, ambulating, repositioning and other daily living tasks. Answers resident calls for assistance.
• Notifies families regarding resident needs for personal items such as clothing, glasses, etc.
• Arranges transportation for residents.
• Distributes meals and snacks.
• Picks up residents rooms.
Experience, Essential Education, and Skills Needed
Associate degree in Nursing, one to two years nursing experience preferably in a long-term care facility, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. Wisconsin Registered Nurse license required. Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required and must be maintained during employment with Wood County.