WHO WE ARE:
Edgewater Haven is located in a park-like setting in view of the Wisconsin River in Port Edwards, WI. Edgewater Haven provides 5-star, quality care in a clean and comfortable home-like setting. Our long-term caring staff is dedicated to your loved one's outcomes! We believe in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Our interdisciplinary team works with each individual, his or her family and physician, to provide an effective plan of care to reach personal goals and highest potentials. We strive to provide for the mind, body, and spirit, while holding in the highest regard the rights and dignity of each individual.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to who we are, Edgewater Haven team members are offered competitive wages, flexible schedules, and excellent benefits, including:
*Vacation and Sick Time - Start accruing for both on your first day!
*Excellent staffing ratio
*Health Insurance - we offer low premiums and low deductibles, with excellent coverage!
*Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) - This is one of the best-funded public pension plans in the U.S.!
*457 deferred compensation plan
*On-Site Training and Continuing Education Credits
*Flexible Spending Account to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical expenses
*Short and Long-Term Disability
*Wellness Incentive Plan
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
Edgewater Haven is rated 5-Stars on Medicare.gov.
Purpose of Position
Under direct supervision of a Licensed Nurse, passes medications and performs treatments using standard procedures. Participates with unit staff in direct care and training services to patients, residents, and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Administers oral medication at ordered time, following established procedures and records in the required records. Medication Technician can administer injectables, nebulizers, PRN medications, meds via G tube, and oxygen and perform blood sugar checks, after receiving training by a Registered Nurse, who has documented this training and deemed the Medication Technician competent to complete the tasks with licensed nurse oversight.
2. Applies creams, ointments, lotions and administers eye drops and suppositories as ordered using established procedures and documents methods.
3. Obtains input/assessment from nurse as to the need for PRN medication. Records results in record. (See #1 above).
4. Performs health related tasks for/with patients/residents/client: self-administration of medications, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, blood sugar checks, respirations, enemas, hot or cold compresses, assisting with range of motion, etc. Medication Technician will document and present results to licensed nurse for assessment and evaluation. (See #1 above).
5. Provides direct care and training to patients/residents/clients as assigned. Allows patients/residents/clients to make choices when appropriate regarding receipt of medication, treatment, and related established procedures.
6. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
1. Meet on-going requirements to maintain current medication technician certification.
2. Participate in in-service and continuing education trainings as assigned. Provide documentation of all training activities.
3. Maintain cooperative working relationships and maintain appropriate professional boundaries with patients and residents.
4. Complete four hours of in-service per year related to medication administration in addition to the mandated 12 hours of in-service for CNA certification – 3 years of documentation must be kept to prove compliance.
5. Work as a Medication Technician at least 100 hours each calendar year – 3 years of documentation must be kept to prove compliance.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Edgewater Haven is a partner with the WisCaregiver Careers Program who have come together to offer caring individuals a streamlined path to success through WisCaregiver Careers.
It’s never been easier to enter the health care field.
• Free nurse aide training and testing
• See your name added to the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry
• Earn while you learn foundational skills needed to advance
• Prepare to step up your career ladder
• Grow into future positions – Medication Aide, LPN, RN, or administration
• Give back to your community
Start your healthcare career. After completion of the WisCaregivers Careers program and when you have been working with us for 6 months, you will receive a $500 retention bonus paid by the program! What are you waiting for? To learn more about this program, please visit WisCaregiver Careers – Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (wiscaregivercna.com) or call Justin Cieslewicz at (715) 885-8300