Positions are casual with up to 1,200 hours per year.
WHO WE ARE:
Edgewater Haven is located in a park-like setting in view of the Wisconsin River in Port Edwards, WI. Edgewater Haven provides 5-star, quality care in a clean and comfortable home-like setting. Our long-term caring staff is dedicated to your loved one's outcomes! We believe in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Our interdisciplinary team works with each individual, his or her family and physician, to provide an effective plan of care to reach personal goals and highest potentials. We strive to provide for the mind, body, and spirit, while holding in the highest regard the rights and dignity of each individual.
Edgewater Haven is rated 5-Stars on Medicare.gov.
A. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and their individuality as illustrated by the following:
a. Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Take vital signs and document accurately when completing daily charting; report any signs of unusual behaviors or medical conditions and report to supervisor promptly. Administer required treatments as assigned and document accurately.
b. Attend to the needs of residents with activities of daily living, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements. Allow residents to do what they can for themselves. Residents will appear neat, clean and well-kept at all times. Document unusual findings (i.e., behaviors, skin abnormalities). Schedule activities of the day.
c. Assist in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment (making beds, putting away resident’s clothing, emptying wastebaskets, cleaning floors, bathrooms and work areas, etc.); report environmental deficiencies to the supervisor such as lighting or equipment problems.
d. Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and immediately report to supervisor. Work with healthcare team to promptly and effectively intervene in a therapeutic manner.
e. Answer residents’ call bells promptly and courteously. Maintain the comfort, privacy and dignity of each resident in the delivery of services in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment. Maintain a calm demeanor during emergency situations.
f. Lift, move and transport residents using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention. Proceed in manner as stated in status sheet/care plan.
g. Communicate and interact professionally, effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
h. Complete CNA records documenting care provided or other information per facility policies and procedures.
i. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner. Responsible to know and practice established infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper disposal of soiled materials, etc.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Assist and escort residents for appointments and activities as required. Participate in activities and functions as directed.
2. Assist with meals and reinforce good eating and cleansing habits. Supervise dining room during meal times.
3. Fully understand all aspects of residents' rights including the use of restraints according to State and Federal regulations, and to be free of abuse. Responsible for promptly reporting to the supervisor incidents or events of resident abuse neglect or misconduct or violation of residents' rights.
4. Meet on-going requirements to maintain current CNA certification; participate in in-service and continuing education trainings as assigned. Provide documentation of all training activities.
5. Other duties as may be assigned.
You are also welcome to visit our beautiful facility and fill out a paper application, we look forward to you joining our team!
Edgewater Haven is a partner with the WisCaregiver Careers Program who have come together to offer caring individuals a streamlined path to success through WisCaregiver Careers.
It’s never been easier to enter the health care field.
• Free nurse aide training and testing
• See your name added to the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry
• Earn while you learn foundational skills needed to advance
• Prepare to step up your career ladder
• Grow into future positions – Medication Aide, LPN, RN, or administration
• Give back to your community
Start your healthcare career. After completion of the WisCaregivers Careers program and when you have been working with us for 6 months, you will receive a $500 retention bonus paid by the program! What are you waiting for? To learn more about this program, please visit WisCaregiver Careers – Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (wiscaregivercna.com) or call Justin Cieslewicz at (715) 885-8300