In an effort to keep all staff and residents safe, and per CMS requirements and Wood County Policy, all newly hired employees of Edgewater Haven are required to have received the last dose of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccination before beginning employment within the facility.
WHO WE ARE:
Edgewater Haven is located in a park-like setting in view of the Wisconsin River in Port Edwards, WI. Edgewater Haven provides 5-star, quality care in a clean and comfortable home-like setting. Our long-term caring staff is dedicated to your loved one's outcomes! We believe in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Our interdisciplinary team works with each individual, his or her family and physician, to provide an effective plan of care to reach personal goals and highest potentials. We strive to provide for the mind, body, and spirit, while holding in the highest regard the rights and dignity of each individual.
Edgewater Haven is rated 5-Stars on Medicare.gov.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to assist with recreation therapy activities and events within nursing home residents’ interest for their physical, mental, social and psychological well being.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Conduct daily activities according to established calendar of events.
2. Transport residents to and from activities.
3. Maintain activity attendance records and chart progress.
4. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
B. OTHER JOB DUTIES
1. Monitor wander guard unit.
2. Sets up and takes down equipment/supplies for activities.
3. Prepare materials for scheduled activities.
4. Any other duties as may be assigned.